Another groundbreaking Fondo in the books! We hope you had as much fun as we did. Fundraising continues until July 31 but we do have some numbers to share. Find your timing results by following this link:
Gran Fondo is Italian for "Big Ride." And that's how we roll - a big bike ride that inspires passion-fueled fundraising and breakthrough moments in the fight against skin cancer. Gran Fondos are long distance, mass participation cycling events - not a race but timed - that are becoming wildly popular. All abilities are welcome. What sets a Gran Fondo apart from any other ride is an incredible course, amazing food and a post-ride celebration with live music to create a truly unique cycling experience.
If you were part of the inaugural Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Gran Fondo last June then you know it was one of the biggest and best cycling events ever held in Michigan. The second annual MSU Gran Fondo will be ready to roll once again on Saturday, June 28, 2014.
- Start and Finish at The B.O.B. in downtown Grand Rapids
- Post-ride outdoor Finish Line Festival featuring craft brews, a grand feast and live music
- Scenic route to Lake Michigan and back highlighted by a beach destination
- Gilmore Catering’s Superfood Stops along the route
- Non-competitive ride with 12, 25, 40 or 80 mile loops for riders of all skill levels *25 Mile - NEW IN 2014*
- Limited edition MSU Gran Fondo t-shirt
- Timing enhancements include social media integration and scrolling results onsite and online *NEW IN 2014*
- Support wagon and mechanical support
- Secure valet bike parking during Finish Line Festival hosted by the Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition
- Post ride shower facilities available to riders courtesy of MVP Metro Club
- A spectacular day of cycling will culminate when pro cyclists take to the starting line of the Herman Miller Brickyard Criterium at 3:30 pm. A new finish line location for the crit means that spectators and returning Gran Fondo riders will catch 90 minutes of competitive racing and see the thrilling finish all while enjoying the post-Big Ride celebration *NEW IN 2014*
The MSU Gran Fondo starts and ends at The B.O.B. in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and offers multiple distances to accommodate varying skill levels of riders. The 12 mile loop is a ride to and from Millennium Park, the 25 mile and 40 mile loops capture a scenic rolling terrain and the full 80 mile course meets the Lake Michigan beach. Along the course, riders will enjoy a selection of gourmet food items by Gilmore Catering. All routes return to The B.O.B. in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids for the Finish Line Festival. The outdoor after-party (open to the public) will offer craft brews and wines, a grand feast and live music. Adding to the excitement for spectators and returning riders will be the nation's top amateur and pro cyclists racing at over 30 mph in the Herman Miller Brickyard Criterium.
With 100% of every dollar raised benefiting MSU skin cancer awareness, prevention & research, five great bicycling options and Sparty - it’s a rolling party from the starting line to the Finish Line Festival.
Create your own Gran Fondo memories this year by registering now. Click here to download a step-by-step guide to help you get rolling.
WE RIDE IN TANDEM WITH OUR SPONSORS
Wolverine Worldwide | Pepsi Cola Beverages | Delta Subaru | Mercy Health